I've never really had ANY desire to write...anything. I've always hated writing papers, stories, emails, texts and even more than the typical 'salutation' on a birthday card. Generally, I hated reading them too. But lately I've found a desire/need to find a creative outlet. From time to time I sketch, I read...but all too often it feels forced and therefore, not enjoyable.
Recently, I realized that reading and drawing are very cheap, thus, a great thing. I'd decided to do these things on my own terms, unedited and for fun only and the craziest thing has happened...I actually feel the desire to write. I've never felt anything but disdain for writing, but I find myself somewhat excited by it. Now, I have no idea what to write about but I do know that I want to write. Rather than sit down in a quite room with a blank pad of paper fighting through the writer's block, if you can call it that, I'm going to write about wanting to write and not knowing what to write about. Hopefully, at some point, something will go off in my head and I can go from there.
But I will not force it. Instead, I will write, sketch and read, sharing all thoughts and ideas somewhat unfiltered for anyone to see. I've never blogged before and have no idea what I'm doing right now, but I do have a strange sense of liberation and excitement of what might be...I've never had the desire to write before...
This is my attempt.
Wednesday, July 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete